Sunday, November 7, 2010

the future...

a blog response to yesterday's blog.
a conversation with myself. yes. but important.


so yesterday i was a bit upset about the past coming back to haunt me. i let that take over my mind for a bit.
my bad.

after heading out for some fun and mingling with the mister and his 'friends', i felt a lot better.
this morning, i woke up and decided to force myself to focus on something different.
the future.
the past is done. it's over. it's goneburger.
ain't nothing i can do to change it or the way i dealt with stuff before.

all i can do is look forward. look at how to deal with my emotions now and in the future. work on how to handle tricky situations that may arise. re-learn how to throw that punch back.

right now, i have a lot to be thankful for.
yes, i still have times when i feel ripped off, like i pulled the short straw, like life is a struggle.
but if i really look at my life, it's not all that bad.

i have a husband who loves me and wants me in his life.
i have a family who are always there for me no matter what. and who i actually enjoy spending time with.
i have the CUTEST and most precious niece and nephew who i simply adore.
i am currently in Germany experiencing something new.
i have been given so many opportunities to travel and broaden my horizons. some of those opportunities i had to work hard for. others i have been blessed with by various people in my life.
i have amazing friends. lots of friends i don't keep in regular contact with, but i know will always be 'just like old times' when we catch up. other friends i consider my closest ones - the ones who truly know me and still love me anyway. the ones i can be myself with - and i actually have a blast. with them, being me is actually enough. you know who you are.
i may not be the prettiest or the skinniest specimen out there, but at least i have eyes to see the beauty in the world. i have legs to take me places. i have ears to hear the sounds around me - some wonderful, some super annoying, but sounds nonetheless.
i have a heart that is open. sometimes too open, and that's how i get hurt. but it's open. and i wouldn't have it any other way. i have compassion for others. i have tolerance for others. and i know that's a good thing in a world of hate and racism and intolerance. i have love to give.

so. yeah. life isn't that bad. in fact, today, i would even venture as far as to say that life is good.
today, life is good.
tomorrow, if i stay focused and positive, life will be even better.


i'm off to Bremen today, to explore something new with some of the girls from the boat. new people. new sights.
this is me - waaaaaaaaaay out of my comfort zone.
exciting.
life.
let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment