Tuesday, November 16, 2010

last day...

so, today is my last day of vacay. tonight i get back on that tin bird and wing my way back to the land of the long white cloud. i have to be honest. a big part of me is super amped about going back home - to the warmth of summer, to see my niece and nephew, see friends and family again. but of course there is a little part of me that is sad to leave the mister and my relaxing time of having nothing i have to do and nowhere i have to be.

the time has gone so quickly! doesn't it always?
i've not really done much, but i have had a good time.
explored vegesack (a bit), taken some pics, been to bremen, been to hamburg, made new friends, enjoyed good food and wine, tried a 'vodka ahoy' and have the ingredients to bring home to share this delight with everyone back there. haha
i've experienced a traditional bavarian buffet lunch, accompanied by a yummy german beer.
i've been shopping (my fave thing to do)
i've slept in almost every morning
i've discovered the delicious butterbrezel
i've had a late night bratwurst after a few drinks
i've spent time with my husband, which has been great - and obviously was the main reason for the vacay.
i've even picked up a few german words along the way.

i know i'm going to have a shock when i get home. the weather is going to be completely different. but i'm ready for it! i'm ready for some sun and beach time.
there's really no place like home.
i'm a true kiwi and always will be. a true kiwi always returns back to the homeland.
NZ really is the best place in the world.
NZ - here i come! can't wait

i'll leave you with two more pics from my wanderings around vegesack.


No comments:

Post a Comment