Monday, November 8, 2010

Success

so, yesterday i went exploring in Bremen. new place.
i went with 2 girls i had only just met. new people.

and you know what? i actually had a GREAT time!
i didn't worry about what they thought of me.
i didn't worry about trying to 'fit' in….finding something to talk about wasn't hard.
i was actually just myself, and we seemed to get on fine!

i know it probably sounds ridiculous that i'm buzzing out over something so simple…
but it really was a big thing for me. we had to go on the train for half an hour to bremen, then spent 3 hours there, walking, mooching in shops, lunching at a traditional bavarian restaurant. i was out of my comfort zone. without my comfort of the mister. and i did fine!

i was relaxed. i enjoyed the time. i enjoyed the conversations. i enjoyed the experience.

all in all i came home one happy girl. i was excited to tell the mister how well the day had gone.
lame, i know. i'm 27 and find it hard to relax around new people. i still get shy and nervous.
but, for me, yesterday was huge progress.
yay for me! haha

i also managed to squeeze in some quick snaps.



1 comment:

  1. I find it really hard to be around new people too. I force myself to do it, to make conversation, and I'm SO PROUD of myself when I do, but sometimes I feel sick to my stomach at the same time. Crazy hey?

    I love the photos. Looks like a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete