Thursday, September 23, 2010

song of the moment

sometimes there comes a song.
a song that you just love
a song that speaks to you
and you sing back.
a song that keeps getting repeated.
over.
and over.
and over.
yet, you never get sick of it
you still love it.

this is that song for me at the moment.
"All these friends of mine"
by Lisa Crawley.
i love it.
the lyrics.
the melody.
the quirky fun change in tempo at the end.
the instruments used.
just it!

find her stuff here

lyrics:
you can have all my things
i'm setting sail
don't know where i will go
it'll be far away
you'll know when i get there
you'll see me smile
might take a while
but i'll smile....

you can take all these friends
cos i'm traveling alone
they are wonderful
so look after them well
each one's different
as you'll learn in time
i'm so proud of these
friends of mine

you can take my TV
cos i'm looking elsewhere
don't quite know where
but it'll be nowhere here
it'll take me forward
and not 2 steps back
i'm done
with looking back


i love music i can fall in love with.
music that inspires me.
i know when i'm happy cos i'm singing.
if i'm not singing along, then something's wrong.
this song makes me wanna sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment